The blog posts from the Write31Days Challenge have been compiled into my first Dance Diaries book, Learning Ballroom Dance. I’ve left some of the links active so you can get a preview of the information available in the book. Click here for more information on the Dance Diaries series!
As I slowly find my way down a new path on my ballroom journey, I’ve decided to put more effort into my journey as a writer. I learned about this 31 day writing challenge this morning and signed up! It’s simple enough – pick up a topic and write about it every day for the month of October.
Naturally, my chosen topic is ballroom dance!
Those that have been on this journey with me for awhile know that I typically post every 2 to 3 days. So I’ll have to kick it up a notch to make myself write EVERY day! I plan on updating this post with links to each day’s post, so you don’t have to scroll through my blog page to find ones you miss. Just come back here, or click on the category 31 Days.
And let me know in the comments if any other bloggers out there decide to take on the challenge too!
- Day 1: Allow Me to Introduce Myself
- Day 2: Dear DWTS Contestants: Welcome to Ballroom!
- Day 3: The Wonderful Awkwardness of Pro-Am
- Day 4: Express Yourself! In the Studio Vs. the Club
- Day 5: Dancing Through Monday
- Day 6: Dancing While Tattooed
- Day 7: So You Want to Try Ballroom?
- Day 8: Ballroom Group Classes Vs. Private Lessons
- Day 9: Dancing for the Journey or the Destination?
- Day 10: The Klutzy Ballroom Dancer
- Day 11: What to Expect on Your First Ballroom Lesson
- Day 12: Waltz Your Way Through Monday
- Day 13: Try Again Tomorrow
- Day 14: Pause
- Day 15: The Glitz and Glamour of Ballroom Competition
- Day 16: The Morning After – Post-Comp Blues
- Day 17: What to Expect in Group Class
- Day 18: Practice Parties and Social Dances
- Day 19: Ballroom Dance Party Etiquette
- Day 20: Tango Tuesday!
- Day 21: Balancing Ballroom and “Real Life”
- Day 22: How I Afford Ballroom, More or Less
- Day 23: Freaky Foxtrot Friday
- Day 24: The Healing Power of Dance
- Day 25: Ballroom Team Match and Being a Spectator
- Day 26: What Ballroom Can Do For You
- Day 27: To Teach or Not to Teach
- Day 28: Viennese Wednesday
- Day 29: Trust and Ballroom
- Day 30: Trust and Ballroom Part 2: Trusting Yourself
- Day 31: Writing About Ballroom for 31 Days: I Claim Top Student!